Having a great slogan can help your customers remember your brand. Especially when it comes to an industry as popular as fashion, you want to make sure that you stand out amongst the competition.
So what is a Slogan?
A slogan can be described as a simple yet memorable catchphrase that is able to draw an audience to a particular brand or product. When it comes to fashion, an effective slogan is a key component of successful marketing along with your logo and brand name. Fashion is always changing as new trends are always coming out, so when coming up with a slogan, It may take a lot of brainstorming to land on to come up with a creative, memorable, and simple phrase that can encapsulate everything your brand stands for and also stick out in the minds of consumers.
Types of Slogans
It is important to note that there are many types of slogans, specifically six that do the job right. Each has the ability to accomplish a series of different goals for your company’s products. Here is an overview of the six types of slogans:
- Advertising slogans: An advertising slogan is a motto that promotes a specific product, service, or program to your audience. This slogan may change as your products change, or as advertising campaigns change.
- Creative slogans: A creative slogan should be unique and specific to your brand, they should also be crafted to help your brand stand out against the competition.
- Emotive slogans: Emotive slogans leverage your product or service as a way to give your audience a particular feeling or fulfill an emotional need—like relaxation, connection, joy, or excitement.
- Business slogans: Business slogans are often catchy phrases that speak to your company’s overall brand or services.
- Persuasive slogans: A persuasive slogan attempts to convince your customers that your brand or products can help them solve a particular problem and fit their needs.
- Descriptive slogans: A descriptive slogan describes what your business does as well as what it can offer to potential customers.
How to Create a Slogan
Once you have decided what kind of slogan you want to use for your brand. You can begin to create it. Here’s a few tips to help you get started:
1. Decide what you want to say.
Answer a few basic questions about what you want to accomplish with your slogan.
- Who is your target audience?
- How do your products benefit your target audience?
- Why is your brand superior to others on the market?
All of these questions are important to consider when trying to communicate about your fashion brand.
2. Establish your company’s voice.
How do you want the voice of your brand to be heard? Is it abstract? Humorous? It is very important to think about your brand’s voice when you’re crafting your slogan because it reflects on the entire company. Adhere to a specific tone that will help speak effectively to your target audience and keep your branding consistent.
3. Less is more.
Although there is probably much to say about your business, it is best to keep your message clear and concise. When talking about fashion you can talk about how the clothes might make the consumer feel. Emotion is always important when it comes to the consumer’s preferences.
Examples of Effective Fashion Slogans
- True style never dies.
- Luxury, For the Woman Who Deserves It
- The ultimate clothing to see the world in.
- Be exclusive, Be Devine, Be yourself.
- Make waves.
- Fashion as unique as you are.
- Everyday living.
- Be unique, be brave, be divine.
- Quality never goes out of style.
- Explore your true style.
- High Style Service.
- Clothes that are sure to heat up your winter.
- Matching style and class with luxury and comfort.
- Uniquely catering to your every need.
- You May Also Like: Jeans Slogans & Taglines
- Feel good with us.
- Expect more from your clothes.
- Hand-picked style with you in mind
- Style for any woman’s Inner Goddess.
- Dressing is a way of life.
- Each day is a page in your fashion story.
- Every day is a fashion show and the world is your runway.
- Every Outfit counts.
- Everyday fashion.