Come one, come all. Today I am going to teach you how to create a slogan for your fragrance as this can be a tricky task. We all know then when it comes to marketing a fragrance you must go above and beyond to capture the attention of a buyer. The same goes for the fragrance’s slogan.
If you haven’t had the chance to read my last article: Creating a Slogan for your Fashion Brand, you can read it here.
In this article, I go over all of the basics for creating a slogan and important points to consider when doing so. Some examples are also provided to get your creative mind running.
In 2020, Statista reported that the beauty industry generated 49.2 billion dollars in the United States. Throughout the years, one thing has stayed consistent. Individuals still like to look and smell good. Knowing how to market your perfume online increases your chances of successfully reaching shoppers and convincing them to try your product. Part of this is creating a slogan for your fragrance that will set the tone for your authentic brand and help you stand out.
As touched on in my last article, there are important things to note when coming up with your fragrance’s slogan:
1. Decide what you want to say.
Answer a few basic questions about what you want to accomplish with your slogan.
- Who is your target audience? Perfume or cologne?
- How does your fragrance benefit your target audience?
- Why is your brand superior to others on the market? How do you stand out?
All of these questions are important to consider when trying to communicate about your fragrance.
2. Establish your company’s voice.
How do you want the voice of your brand to be heard? Is it abstract? Humorous? It is very important to think about your brand’s voice when you’re crafting your slogan because it reflects on the entire company. Adhere to a specific tone that will help speak effectively to your target audience and keep your branding consistent.
3. Understanding your fragrance
The fragrance a person chooses to wear is a direct reflection of the individual’s style and preference, that means your slogan also has to reflect the consumer’s style and preference. By using keywords like musk in your advertising, you are likely to draw attention. When thinking about the slogan for your fragrance, if you can emphasize the components of the fragrance will promote positive feelings in people, or allow them to be “bold and beautiful”, it will likely strike the interest of the consumers.
4. Less is more.
Although there is probably much to say about your brand and fragrance, it is best to keep your message clear and concise. That means using minimal words. Following up from my last point, when talking about fragrances you can talk about how the scent might trigger emotion. Emotion is also always important when it comes to the consumer’s preferences.
- Smells have a stronger link to memory and emotion than any of the other senses, and neuroscience may know the reason why. Think about it, when you see, hear, touch, or taste something, that sensory information first heads to the thalamus, which acts as your brain’s relay station. The thalamus then sends that information to the relevant brain areas, including the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, and the amygdala, which does the emotional processing. However, when it comes to smells, something different happens. Scents completely bypass the thalamus and go straight to the olfactory bulb which is known as the brain’s smell center. Due to the fact that the olfactory bulb is directly connected to the amygdala and hippocampus, the smell of something can immediately trigger a detailed memory or even intense emotion.
After you have given great thought to what you want people to know about your fragrance, the tone of your voice, as well as how you want people to feel when wearing your fragrance, you are ready to begin creating your slogan. One great tool to get you started is the Shopify Perfume Slogan Generator.
This is a free generator in which you simply enter a word that you want your slogan to contain and the website will create many possible slogans for you. For example: If you type in the word “sexy”, here are a few of the results:
- Sexy is a female force
- Sexy, the secret of women
- There’s only one true sexy
- Wrapped up in sexy
You get the idea. This is a great tool to give you a headstart. After you’ve read through a few examples you can start thinking more critically about what qualities you want your slogan to have.
Successful Fragrance Slogans
- If you want to capture someone’s attention, whisper _______.
– Coty Nuance
- I am made of blue sky and golden light, and I will feel this way forever…share the fantasy.
-Chanel No. 5
- The Power of Cool
-Davidoff Cool Water
- I can’t seem to forget you, your Wind Song stays on my mind
- HUGO is trend, HUGO is different, HUGO is urban
- So delicate. So Beautiful.
-Estée Lauder Beautiful
- The ultimate code of seduction for men.
-Armani Code for Men
- The greatest freedom is to believe in yourself
-Britney Spears Believe
- “In the eye of the storm, I am still Jennifer Lopez.”
-Jennifer Lopez Still
- A fatal attraction to cuteness
-Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers
- Miss Dior for love
-Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
- Addictive. Magnetic.
-YSL Black Opium
- Dancing, strolling, rejoicing in being free and full of life
- The illuminating new fragrance
-Ariana Grande Moonlight
- Be One. Be All. Just Be
-All Calvin Klein
- Viva La Juicy
Online Course: Copywriting to Convey Your Personal Brand by Domestika
If you are interested in learning more about copyright for your business, we recommend taking a look at the online class “Copywriting To Convey Your Personal Brand”. The course instructor speaks Portuguese, but subtitles are available in many languages.
The course is currently under promotion, but you can use the discount code: T_BROWNLEES-PROMO to get an additional 10% discount on your purchase.
This online class offered by Domestika, at a very inexpensive price covers all you need to know to create your own slogans, as well as design an elevator pitch to effectively deliver the essence of your personal brand. If you apply to the course through the link below you’ll be supporting 440 Industries, and we thank you for it!